Sunday, April 29, 2018

They say time is a thief,, if that's true then perfectionism is its accomplice.  The worry that something we want to do isn't going to be perfect leads to procrastination.  I'm a bit embarrassed to admit just how many UFO's and unquilted tops I have stashed away because I know I don't have the skills to finish them perfectly.  My inner critic has a big mouth!  So in my pursuit of letting go of perfectionism I'm quilting my MQ quilt myself.  No, it's not grand, no beautiful feathers and certainly no ribbon winner.  But you know what?  this quilt is for me,,, by me, start to finish.  I love it, mistakes and all.  Just like me, it is flawed but beautiful.  or Maybe beautiful because it's flawed. 
Simple lines with little stars randomly scattered along the way.  Easy, fun, functional and most of all doable! This my idea of self-care,  what are you doing for your happiness today? 

1 comment:

  1. I think there's a chance this perfectionism thing may run in the family... I've been working on this for a couple years now! I identified my perfectionism as the line leader for my procrastination problems... Which then translates into many different areas of my life. Here's to letting go! Attachment to perfectionism... That's the attachment I'm working on letting go of :)

    ReplyDelete